How do you pray for those who have not believed the gospel? I'm guessing you do pray for these friends, relatives and neighbors, but how do you pray? Do you simply offer up the prayer that God would save them, or do you seek God's work more specifically? Are you praying...
- That God would bring people into their lives to share the gospel with them
- That God the Holy Spirit would convict them of their sin and convince them of their need of a Savior through the ministry of the word
- That God the Father would draw them to Jesus
- That God would cause them to be born again
- That God would open their hearts to respond to the gospel
- That God would open their eyes to see the truth
- That God would set them free from the tyranny of sin and the Devil
- That God would grant them repentance
Prayer for the lost should be more than a hail mary pass to our father in heaven. Be specific. Ask God to do what only he can do. And as we pray let's make every effort to share the gospel with them as well.