I love carrying a Field Notes pocket journal. If you are unfamiliar with them you can check out this post for more information. The only problem I have is carrying them in my back pocket (often right next to a cigar cutter) they can get beat up pretty quick. I wanted a leather cover for my Field Notes journals, but I also wanted it to function as a wallet so I wouldn't have to carry two separate items. After looking at a lot of options Brian Bailey pointed me to Popov Leather. I was impressed with the look, description, variety, and reviews of their wallets, and decided their Black Leather Field Notes Journal with Pockets would be perfect for me.
This wallet is $49. Here are the details:
- Made with world famous Horween Chromexcel leather
- Edges burnished with beeswax
- Sewn by hand with imported Tiger Thread; stronger than machine stitch.
- Two interior card pockets (room for at least 2 cards in each pocket) and one large pocket in behind.
- Fits a Field Notes Memo Book (3.5" x 5") which is included.
- Dimensions closed (without journal): 10cm wide x 16cm high x 1cm thick
This is thing is beautiful and I highly recommend. You can check out my video review below.
Visit Popov Leather to see all the goods.